Tuesday, 23 April 2013

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare.
:star::star::star::star::star:

Wait, gathering all my feels.



That went well.

This is my favourite book of the series. I love. This book. So much. Because of REASONS.

1. Surprise, surprise.
Well CP2 was quite unexpected although I'm not one of those who analysed TID and TMI, trying to dig out all the possible connections that can be found. But really, some things in this book are beyond my expectations. Like what happened to a particular character. AND THE ENDING. AGAIN, SO UNEXPECTED.

2. The love triangle.
And the most peaceful love triangle award goes to...Wijessa!

Cassandra Clare has constructed such an atypical love triangle, devoid of jealousy and its fellows. None of that typical two-guys-brawling-over-a-girl here. They all love each other. There's Wessa, there's Jessa; heck, there is Wijessa. I am a Wessa shipper but I also ship Jessa so at the beginning, I wasn't really bothered with who Tessa would choose since I ship her with both men--up to the point that I wanted her to end up with both of them. (view spoiler)[(and she did! OH JOY) (hide spoiler)] But then, as I read on, it really doesn't matter to me who Tessa chooses (view spoiler)[because she loves both Jem and Will romantically (and more) and the best part is, Jem and Will understand that. There is no ~*The One*~, in this case but there is The Jem and The Will; these two are irreplaceable in Tessa's hearts; one cannot replace the other. To put in shipper lingo, they are each other's endgame. (hide spoiler)]

Best love triangle ever.

3. ALL THE SHIPS.
Besides the major ones, we have Gabily and Sideon <3

I love that everyone in the Institute found love. I find this unnecessary but I love it nonetheless. It somehow gives me hope (idk).

4. The Ending/Epilogue.
(view spoiler)[I appreciate Clare so much for not ending the story just after the last chapter; for the depiction of Wessa married life, for Tessa's post-Will's death life, and of course, Jessa reunion. (hide spoiler)]

I don't know what I don't like about this book. However, that may be because I'm too biased right now. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment