Monday, 16 April 2012

Rollerblading and Terukir di Bintang

Went to King Center or more specifically World of Wheels yesterday with dear cousins and little sister :)

World of Wheels graffiti.

Played there for over an hour even though we paid for two hours of excruciatingly fun (do I sound like a masochist?) rollerblading since it was already Maghrib and some of us had to execute our duty as Allah's humble servants. So it's not because we hate it or something.

The skating rink with my sister showing me her back. It's larger, btw.

A lot of complaints and dissatisfaction were expressed at the beginning--mostly about the smelly rollerblades -___- They must've smelled like sweaty gym socks footballers use for three months straight. For most of us, it was a new experience. My sis and I actually used to rollerblade before our rollerblades grew legs and ran away from us--or maybe we betrayed them by disposing them years ago. The previous possibility seems more likely.

Cousins and sis--I also wanted the graffiti to take part in the family photo-taking session.

OHAI THAR.

ONE AND A HALF HOURS OF ROLLERBLADING.
Beginning:
Amirah: Tok ditunggah orang membazir duit eh! (This is what people call "a waste of money"!)
Some time later:
Me: Mok balit? (Wanna go back?)
Amirah: Kmk maseh mok main lok. (No I still wanna play lol)

Beginning:
Nana: -___- Kaki kmk sakit. ( -___-  My legs hurt.)
Some time later:
Nana (and Amirah): It's painful but fun :)

Beginning:
Ariqah: *struggling to rollerblade* TOLONG KMK LOK! (HELP ME!)
Some time later:
Ariqah: *still struggling to rollerblade* TOLONG KMK LOK! (HELP ME!)

Sis was already rollerblading quickly after 30 minutes or so while I was still trying to grasp the "rollerblading feel" I had when I was younger while rollerblading slooowwwwlllyyyyy. Oh and after an hour, a World of Wheels employee finally played some KPop tracks and we were like "DIS IS OUR JAM YO"




AND I FINALLY BOUGHT TERUKIR DI BINTANG! :D Grabbed the only one left at Speedy and bought it. 



When Terukir di Bintang tracks resounded through Papa's Innova, Amirah thought of Yuna as Taylor Swift Malaysia. 

Amirah: Lagu tok Yuna tulis kah? (Did Yuna write the lyrics?)
Afah: Aok. Lagu Yuna semua Yuna dirik pun nulis. (Yep. Yuna writes all the lyrics to her songs.)
Amirah: Eee. Taylor Swift Malaysia eh. (Eee. Malaysia's Taylor Swift.)

HAHA K NO. YUNA IS YUNA AND NOBODY ELSE.

*Photo of You was playing*
Amirah: Lagu tok boring. (This song is boring.)
Me: Keluar, Mirah. (Mirah, OUT.)

People have got to stop labeling one artist like another. Artist A as "Another Adele" or Artist B as "another Taylor Swift" or Artist C as "another Lady Gaga" etc.. Just because an artist is talented, it doesn't mean that they should be branded the same as the talented others. Each artist has a secret weapon of their own!

Well, some anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment