1. What genre of books do you prefer?
- YA
- Sci-Fi but not Star Wars or Star Trek-ish, Fantasy
- Teen Chick-lit but I'm really picky with this genre, usually limiting this genre Meg Cabot's books.
- Romance, too, I guess but usually Nicholas Sparks' books. So I'm not really sure about the last two genres.
2. What are some of the must-have books in your library?
- The Hunger Games trilogy. Enough said.
- The Fault in Our Stars since this book makes funny and cancer get along, which, does not happen often. Still, the book is moving and profound. A warning to sensitive people out there: get some tissues ready. You'll be tearing up but not only because it's sad :") p/s: I did not cry. I find it difficult to cry while reading a book or watching a movie.
- Fight Club. MINDBLOWING. I bet Chuck Palahniuk also caught you off guard with the ending.
3. What is the most expensive book on your shelf?
- Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows. Cost my Mama slightly over a hundred ringgit. Murakami's 1Q84 trails behind HP with over RM 80. Its actual price was at the threshold of RM 90 but I received 10% off for being a Popular member.
4. What book do you covet the most?
- At the moment, Cecelia Ahern's The Time of My Life. My cousin has it--hardcover *choir singing*. I'm still waiting for the smaller paperback version. Or I might just buy it after getting my February pay.
5. How much do you spend on books?
- I don't buy clothes, shoes (although recently, I bought a pair since I didn't have sneakers), shawls, stuff like that since Mama buys them for me. What I do buy are snacks and drinks, movie tickets, Paula's food (polaroid films) and in the near future, perhaps, more films for Helga and Sam (Holga and Super Sampler respectively) and books (but I didn't buy any books last month because I still have a lot to read and it was some sort of challenge I put on myself. I CALL THAT AN ACHIEVEMENT!)
6. What do you think about the current trend in YA books?
- It's good. I love YA books; probably the best teachers for teenagers. Besides always being entertaining for me since I'm a young adult, they're really good for some light reading and I don't really have to bother myself checking some words in the dictionary.
7. What series do you wish had more books?
- I think, Hunger Games. Three books aren't enough for me. The story did end well though. I just want more of the world of Hunger Games. But there a companion guide will be released eventually so...I guess I don't really wish for any series I have read to have more books.
8. What are your go-to books in your library?
- Oh, my. So many of 'em. Which is the reason why I have not bought any books this year (TFiOS was bought last year but it came this year). I'll just list down what I can recall: 1Q84 which is my next book after I'm done with NLMG, Through The Looking-Glass, The Lottery, Memoirs of a Geisha, Northanger Abbey, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz and some more...heehee
9. What book is currently in your bag?
- After returning from wherever, I always take out everything that was in my bag, including my book. So to answer that question, I'd perceive it as 'What book are you currently reading?' Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro.
10. What is the most prized book in your collection?
- This has got to be the most difficult question ever. The Fault in Our Stars, I guess, since it's such a wonderful book with a nice hardcover cover and IT WAS SIGNED BY JOHN GREEN HIMSELF :)
11. What are some non-fiction books on your shelf?
- None, I think. I don't really like reading non-fiction. Blogs do not count.
12. Favorite authors? (name up to 3)
- Meg Cabot. Never fails to crack me up and get me hooked.
- John Green. Also, never fails to crack me up and get me hooked. Plus, it always leaves me something to ponder on.
- Cecelia Ahern. I love her ideas. Her books are always great!
(I understand the instruction but I'm going to bend that rule.)
- Cassandra Clare. Her books make me guffaw and there's always some teen romance. She's like the Fantasy version of Meg Cabot.
- Chuck Palahniuk. He's not officially in this list yet since I've only read two of his books BUT I JUST WANT TO TALK ABOUT THIS MAN FOR A BIT. He likes experimenting with different writing styles as I can see from Fight Club and Tell-All and this guy can be anything except predictable. I also appreciate his dark humour.
13. Favorite bookstore?
- MPH. Even though MPH rarely offers any discounts for books, they have the most novels compared to Times and Popular--the other two major bookstores in Kuching. Books at Times bookstore are slightly more costly than books sold at the other two bookstores. The Popular bookstore at Tun Jugah is the largest one in Sarawak, I think (if not, Kuching). However the novels there are pretty limited. They have a lot of reference books, stationery and other stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment