March has come 'round knocking the door and just forced its way in while I was pushing some furniture against that metaphorical door, trying to obstruct it because TIME IS JUST WHIZZING PAST AND I HATE THAT. March is also the Nerd Month for Lifescouts! Finally, after two months, I get a chance to attain Lifescout badges.
I present to you, the Chess Badge!
I joined the Chess Club at my high school for the first two years before I transferred to another school. Also was a substitute in an inter-school competition for a far better player. She had been sick but on the day of the competition, she recovered and took her place again--after I won my first match. I only had one match and that was it .___.
After I transferred to an all-girls school, I joined the Indoor Games club which also offers chess and I became a participant in yet another chess competition of uncertain level--regionals? sectionals? inter-school? I dunno--but what I've been certain of since that day is what a terrible chess player I am. At that time, I wasn't a fan of chess anymore since I've been every single Indoor Games club meeting playing Scrabble with my friends. So yeah, Scrabble > Chess.
i used to really enjoy chess wars but then my king started to get checkmate every time i played so i stopped because it made me feel sad and reminded me of things that i'm bad at i don't want to remember them go away stahp please
On the other hand, it's the month of Preliminary Shitstorm in the Education Nation; quizzes, Test 2 and finals all in a row. Hell, Test 2 and the first paper of finals is just a day apart. I swear, these people are trying to wipe us out.
Home is just a month and a few days away.
updated:

The second and third Lifescout badges for Nerd Month are Video Games and Rubik's Cube Solving! If you have not played a single video game in your life, THEN YOU HAVE NOT LIVED. Some of my favourite games include Kingdom Hearts series, Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series, Hitman series...I want a PS3 soooo much because there aren't (m)any new PS2 games being released anymore. There's a PS4 coming our way but I don't think I'd want one since: (a) the price will reach the high heaven (the DualShock 4 controller has a freaking touch pad!) and (b) with PS4, the PlayStation is becoming more of a social device which means there are social features that I do not want.

There was a time at my school when Rubik's Cube was suddenly garnering fame from us students. A classmate of mine brought a 3x3 to school (though she's not supposed to since bringing a toy to school is against the rules) and the colourful box gained everyone's interest and soon enough, more people were celebrating Erno Rubik's contribution to 'fun'. I was no exception, apparently. I can also solve the 2x2 cube. Haven't bought a 4x4 yet because it's bloody expensive. The original one costs almsot a RM 100. Wtf?!
Next badge: Scrabble! As I mentioned before, I used to play Scrabble with my friends during Indoor Games club meetings back in high school but we were really just playing for fun; nobody was keeping score because it's a hassle. I don't think I've ever finished a proper Scrabble game since everyone I played with did not want to record our own scores 'cause we're lazy asses like that. But heck, who needs scores anyway. Games were invented primarily for fun!
p/s: For those of you who do not know what this Lifescout business is, it's--go google it. Or just click this.
another p/s because that previous p/s needs a buddy: I AM HOMEBOUND FOR THE NEXT FEW MONTHS BITCHACHOS WOOOHHHHHH




No comments:
Post a Comment