SPM IS NOW LONG OVER. I don't have much going on right now but isn't that quite typical for a fresh Malaysian high school graduate? Before, you had this blueprints of how you were going to spend the long, anticipated holidays but when they finally arrive, you forget all about 'em or just latch yourself into the infinite world of internet. I had actually planned to build a water rocket but I'm procrastinating now. Other than that I had planned to cultivate my musical skills by playing my harmonica and my piano--whatever musical skills that was/is left in me--write more and read more. The last two bit of my plan seem to be working though so my plan's not a complete failure. It's in progress--hopefully. I'll try building a water rocket some time later.
Eventually. I promise.
I actually spent the first week of my new found 'freedom' going out with friends, reading and writing. I did play my piano a little but not recently. Hmm, I miss my piano now. I want to play but I want to do other things too. Dang. My bed, Ship Breaker and Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever spent most of their time with me yesterday. Ship Breaker is damn good book, by the way. Paolo Bacigalupi has been one of the authors whose books I look out for ever since I read The Windup Girl. Currently reading: The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. I've wanted to read the book after I watched the movie on HBO. The movie was stellar so I'm certain that the book would be more amazing. Two days before today, I wrote a piece for writers--club's Round One tournament on deviantART.
And Papa gave me a concise driving lesson today, covering only the basics. Athirah was eager to try too even though she's under-aged. She freaked out when she was driving "too fast". Of course, the speed wasn't fast for regular drivers, let alone "too fast". I enjoyed watching her drive. My driving was alright, I guess. I have yet to attend the driving course, take the table test or whatever they call it. By the way, driving is also a part of my post-SPM plan. So is getting a job. The works of getting those two done are on the way!

No comments:
Post a Comment