Wednesday, 7 November 2012

"What a slut time is. She screws everybody."

--Peter Van Houten; The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.

Hellooooo~
How long has it been since I've heard metaphorical echoes bouncing around the blog? Doesn't matter. D-Day is this Friday and I am imploding. Sort of. I dunno. This calmness in me is always tinged with anxiety; a bit, at first but like poison in a body, it spreads until it covers the whole area. I am not a passionate person when it comes to careers and studies however, I do mind if I can't execute Plan A nor Plan B. One of them has to work. Sure, it's not the end of the world (well you never know for sure about that) but I would love to do something I like. That way, I can enjoy studying. Sorta. Both plans aren't entirely foolproof though. As I've mentioned, I'm not passionate about my future careers because I don't want to have a career--unless you call being a highly-experienced couch potato a career. So if things don't work out (may Allah forbid this and make the otherwise a reality, Amin), dropping out and pursuing a diploma is not one of my options. To me, time is more important than all that. Getting a diploma after this would perhaps take away two more years of my life. I could do a lot in two years. Never underestimate two years of your life. I can do other things if this doesn't work out (again, may Allah forbid this, Amin). Time, though, is something definite. You lose it, it's gone forever. No negotiations. No compromises.

The future is an excitingly scary place and anticipation is often tainted with fear when it is being contemplated. Bear in mind that your actions will not decrease its velocity to move forward. Don't let time screw you completely, if you're able to, don't let her screw you at all.

Best wishes, all. Here's to a luminous future. Amin.

Hmm I should continue my NaNoWriMo project. Not much progress. A few hundreds of words on some nights. This really isn't my thing. I don't my hobby to feel like an unpaid job. Anticipating it was fun though. Hah :)

That smiley contains more happiness that I let on.
(' u ') OK, that's better.

No comments:

Post a Comment